English writing workshop program
I. Introduction to the Writing Process
- Pre-writing: Topic interpretation and brainstorming
- Organizational strategies: Choice of relevant lay-out
- Topic development: Topic sentence and supporting ones
II. Focus on the parts of the essay
- Introduction: Controlling ideas and supporting ones
- Body: Developing supporting sentences as topic sentences of each pragraph
- Conclusion: Recapitulating the idea developed in the introduction
III. Developing control of the essay’s content
- Thesis development: Using of adequate support and examples appropriate to essay purpose.
- Building coherence: Using connectors and transitions words and phrases
- Punctuation: Using punctuation marks to avoid fragments and run-on sentences.